Table of contents
At a time when e-commerce is booming like today, creating an online sales website is easier than ever thanks to website platforms such as WordPress, shopify, wix, haravan, magento, …
Each platform has its own pros and cons and caters to different needs. In this article, I will analyze the pros and cons of these platforms to help you make the right decision.
Shopify is a dedicated e-commerce platform, in other words, a website building platform. Allows you to create your website, get the full domain name, hosting, and provide the tools you need.
For those with no programming knowledge, this platform can still be used to launch a sales website. And you have to pay a monthly fee to keep the site running.
Shopify’s pros and cons.
- Easy to use, suitable for those who do not have any programming knowledge
- Many website building tools are available for e-commerce
- You don’t have to buy hosting and worry about security issues
- Construction time: of course it depends on the level of complexity and detail you want. But generally the completion time is short.
- There is a 24/7 support team
- Shopify is usually only for the ecommerce sector. If you want to design a service website or introduce your company, this is not a good choice
- Less themes (70 themes)
- Customization is difficult
- Shopify’s repository of plugins is relatively small and the price is high.
WordPress is open source. Unlike other website design platforms, to use wordpress, you need to have a domain name and own hosting.
And wordpress is just a blog site, so in order to use it for other purposes, you need to install additional plugins.
WordPress has 2 forms:
- WordPress.com is a blogging platform that works like a website builder
- WordPress.org acts like a data archive (source code) software and is much more technically advanced.
As a matter of fact, WordPress is the one-third of all websites on the internet, which is enough to show how popular the platform is.
- More powerful and flexible, you can customize the website as you like
- Many resources to customize: Themes, plugins, …
- SEO optimization (Yoat SEO)
- Mobility of data on website.
- A bit of programming knowledge is required.
- Design time can be a bit longer if you code.
- The tool is not available but has to be installed (Plugin)
- There is no support team. (However, you can contact the agency or Loogle for 24/7 support)
Many of you say that wordpress is poor security. Since wordpress is open source, you install unknown plugins on your website. That is the main reason that led to your being hacked.
Even if you use high security platforms like Magento, installing malicious plugins on your website is still hacked as usual.
Like shopify, Wix is a web builder platform, which means you can start your own website. More user friendly due to not being too heavy technically.
- Easy to use with just drag and drop
- Take control of your brand easily with Wix customizations
- Many tools to support sales.
- Ads are inserted at the beginning and end of each page
- You cannot use a separate domain name
- Data customization is difficult
- There is no warehouse management
- Cannot convert template
Similar to shopify, haravan is also a web builder platform. And especially, Haravan’s features and design will be more specialized for the Vietnamese market compared to other platforms.
- Ease of use, no programming required
- Integrating many support tools for marketing and sales
- 24/7 support team
- No need to buy hosting and security related issues
- Low customization.
- Limit on the number of users (User)
- Only improve the website to a certain extent.
- Relatively little application compared to other platforms
Magento is an open source (open source) just like wordpress. A popular use for ecommerce websites. Suitable for medium and large businesses because the cost is quite expensive.
- Has a very high ability to synchronize data
- Advanced security features and dedicated patches
- Many advanced add-ons
- Good speed and performance
- Developer-oriented (Meaning you must be knowledgeable about programming or have a team)
- The cost is quite expensive
- Complex user interface
- Selective hosting.
Each platform has its own pros and cons. Depending on your needs, you will choose which platform to use.
For SME businesses, loogle recommends using wordpress platform to make website because of its versatility and low cost.
I have written an article about website design in wordpress without programming. You just need to follow the instructions to create your own website at a super low cost.
Either you want more advanced features or you simply don’t have time to maintain the website. You can contact Loogle for support from only 250,000 VND per month.
Wish you early success!