Use this course to:
- Explain how to utilize Page Inbox and Messenger.
- Describe the three types of Messenger ads.
- Determine when to use each type of Messenger ad.
Inbox is a free tool on your Page to help you manage your communication across the Facebook family of apps and services from one convenient place. Benefits of Inbox include:
- The ability to view and reply to messages from a mobile device and on your computer.
- Save time by using a single surface to manage communication without having to switch apps.
- Use a wide variety of tools in Inbox to manage and organize your messages.
- See Facebook and Instagram comments, visitor Page posts and Page recommendations.
Messenger is a messaging service that has its own app, and also powers the Messenger channel within the Facebook Page Inbox. People and businesses can use it to make connections and build relationships through conversation.
With Messenger, you can:
- Send direct or group messages
- Make voice and video calls
- Exchange photos, videos, stickers, audio clips, and files
- Play games with friends
- Make fast, secure, free payments
- Send maps and locations
- Discover and interact with businesses
- Use automated messages for your business
Messenger for business
You can use Messenger to have direct conversations with people. For example, if someone comes to your Page with a question about a product, they can message your business rather than making a phone call.
You can also run ads that will appear within Messenger. Facebook Messenger ads let you reach people instantly and personalize interactions for a more direct, streamlined shopping experience.
As a business, try using Messenger to:
- Have conversations with people right from your Facebook business Page.
- Answer people’s questions, concerns, order inquiries or anything else, privately.
- Let people know when you’re available to answer their messages and Page comments.
3 types of Messenger ads
Messenger ads work like other Facebook ads, which we deliver automatically to the placement that’s most likely to drive campaign results at the lowest possible cost. You can use the same creative for Messenger that you’re already using for Facebook and Instagram.
These ads appear in Messenger, alongside direct conversations.
When people tap on an ad in Messenger Inbox, it will take them to the destination you choose when you create the ad. This can be your website, an app, or a Messenger conversation.
Used this type of ad to:
- Extend the reach of your ad campaigns
Ads that click to Messenger
Ads that click to Messenger are Facebook, Instagram or Messenger ads that send people into a Messenger conversation with your business.
You can use click-to-Messenger ads to reach people at scale, then continue to interact with each of them individually in Messenger.
For example, some people will want more information about a new product and others might need to resolve an issue. You can tailor your interactions accordingly and create more meaningful conversations.
Use this type of ad to:
- Open conversations in Messenger
Sponsored messages allow you to send highly targeted promotions directly to the people who have already talked to your business in Messenger.
When you run sponsored messages, plan to be active and responsive. Use away messages to let people know when they should expect a follow-up response.
Sponsored messages are best for:
- Scaled communication between your Page and people who’ve messaged your Page in the past
Get inspired by Love Your Melon
Love Your Melon is dedicated to providing a hat to every child battling cancer in the US and supporting the fight against pediatric cancer. Since its inception in 2012, the apparel brand has given $2.7 million and more than 110,000 beanies to its cause.
- Messenger gives people and businesses a new way to connect.
- Use it to connect and communicate instantly.
- Messenger ads help you reach more people and personalize customer interactions.
Use these resources to keep growing your Messenger skills.