Use this lesson to:
- Become familiar with Audience Insights
- Identify the benefits of using the tool
- Find the Audience Insights tool
How well do you know your audience?
Do you know the age, gender, education level or job title of the people that follow your business Page? What about the people on Facebook as a whole?
Why use Audience Insights for your business?
Facebook Audience Insights allows you to get to know your potential audience through the information that people share on our platforms.
- If you want to know more about people who follow your Page, or people on Facebook more broadly, you can use Audience Insights to help you develop a marketing campaign and generate results.
- Understanding your audience’s interests and preferences can help you better tailor your message and creative.
Learn more about the people who matter to your business
Facebook Audience Insights enables you to learn more about your audience on Facebook so you can create more relevant content for them.
This tool allows you to compare the characteristics of your audience with information that users are willing to share on Facebook to find out what’s unique about them.
Where can you find Audience Insights?
From your Facebook account, you can use the Account Settings drop-down arrow in the top right to select Manage Ads.
Select Facebook Ads at the top left and you will see Audience Insights under Plan.
Or you can access Audience Insights directly and select the ad account from facebook.com/ads/audience_insights.
The audience types to choose from
Once you select your audience, you can start exploring Audience Insights.
You can learn about your fans or people who use Facebook and may be interested in your business.
What Audience Insights can offer to you
Since you know how to locate Audience Insights, take time to explore it. Besides demographics, you can view your audience’s:
- Page Likes
- You can use Audience Insights to learn more about your audience in order to yield returns on a tailored marketing campaign.
- You can gain insight on your audience’s demographics, Page likes, city and language and as well as more Facebook activity.
Now that you’ve completed the first lesson in the Audience Insights series, don’t forget you can learn more from the other lessons: