Use this lesson to:
- Identify various components of the main dashboard in Ads Manager.
- Customize Ads Manager columns to suit your needs.
Dashboard controls overview
When you need to create a new campaign, analyze how your ads performed or find a specific campaign you created, you can leverage Ads Manager’s dashboard controls.
Here are several options you have to surface the information you want to see:
- Date Range
Customize columns in Ads Manager
Columns in Ads Manager are customizable to organize the information you want to see. When you click on Customize Columns inside of the Columns menu, a pop-up window opens. This window is divided into three sections.
- On the left, you see categories of metrics such as Performance, Engagement and Conversions.
- In the middle are the metrics that fall within each of the categories from the left, such as Results, Reach, Impressions, etc.
- The section on the right shows your current columns that appear on the main dashboard.
Each metric, from the middle, can be added as column to your dashboard. You can also save a set of custom columns if you click on the Save as preset box on the bottom left. This is useful if you switch between different views. For example, you could have a preset for page boost campaigns, another preset for website conversions, and so on.
When you have your custom columns picked out, click Apply to save and return to Ads Manager.
The left contains different categories and subcategories of columns you can add to Ads Manager. Some categories, like Performance and Split Test have no subcategory, while Engagement, Conversions and Settings have several. When you click on a category or subcategory, a list of the related columns displays in the center of the screen.
This is the list of available columns for the category or subcategory you chose on the left side. Columns with a check mark are currently shown in your Ads Manager. Click on an empty box to add a column, and click on a checked box to remove that column from Ads Manager.
On the right side is a list of your current columns shown in Ads Manager. You can rearrange them by clicking and dragging on the dots; moving them upward in this list will move the column to the left when you return to Ads Manager. If you want to remove a column, click on the x.
Since there are literally dozens and dozens of different columns you can add to the dashboard, we recommend checking out this Glossary of Ad Terms on Facebook Business Help Center.
- You can leverage the dashboard controls in Ads Manager to create a new campaign, analyze how your ads perform and more.
- Columns in Ads Manager are customizable to organize the information you want to see.
Check out these resources to continue growing your skills.