Use this lesson to:
- Summarize how Campaign Budget Optimization makes the most efficient use of your spend.
- Recognize how we ensure that we spend your budget evenly over the schedule of your campaign.
- Compare standard and accelerated delivery methods.
What is Campaign Budget Optimization?
How pacing works
Through pacing, we ensure that we spend your budget evenly over the schedule of your campaign. By default, we show your ads to people in your target audience evenly throughout the day across Facebook, Instagram and other communities. We do this so we can serve your ad to valuable people throughout your campaign lifetime rather than exhaust your budget within a few hours.
Sometimes, for certain reasons, advertisers do want to spend their budgets as quickly as possible, and we allow for this option, too. In this case, we’ll accelerate your ad delivery. By contrast, standard delivery spends your budget over a longer period.
Standard delivery is designed to spend your budget evenly over the duration of the campaign using a method called discount pacing. With this method, we essentially lower your bid to a level that will just spend your budget over the campaign duration so that you can capture more opportunities at more efficient costs.
Total budget to spend = $10
Advertiser value per click = $5
Total value: clicks x $5 = $35
Circled dots illustrate successful bids. Image does not represent actual results.
- All campaigns use Campaign Budget Optimization to provide you the best overall results at a cost that aligns with your bid strategy.
- Proper pacing ensures your budget is spent evenly through the schedule of your campaign.
- You can opt for your campaign to have standard or accelerated delivery. Each has its own pros and cons.
Check out these resources to continue growing your skills.